Portland Laughter Yoga in the News
- Andrea was #27 in the list of 50 Reasons to ♥ Winter in Portland Monthly Magazine (January 2010).
- Andrea and the Awakenings Laughter Club were featured in May 2010 on the front page of the How We Live section in the Oregonian. Video associated with this article can also be seen below.
- Andrea & her Cherrywood Village Laughter Class are featured in February's edition of Boom! Boomer's & Beyond!
- Portland Laughter Yoga's first mention in the Portland issue of Examiner.com by the Portland Holistic Health Examiner. Then another Examiner.com article from the Portland Yoga Examiner here. Finally, Laughter Yoga & the Awakenings Laughter Club gets billing online in the Portland Examiner in a series about the history of yoga from the Portland Longevity Examiner.
TV & Video
- Andrea, fellow Laughter Yoga Leader Laura Lou and the Cherrywood Seniors Laughter Club were featured on KPTV's show "Better" during the local Portland segment on June 16, 2010.
- Video taken by Oregonian reporter Steve Beaven for the May 2010 article on Laughter Yoga.
- Andrea and members of her Laughter Club and some of her Laughter Yoga students laughing in the background while Gail Hand talks about Laughter Yoga and World Laughter Day 2009 on Portland's own KOIN Local 6 Early program.
Laughter Yoga in the National and International News
- Raffi Khatchadourian, Letter from India, “The Laughing Guru,” The New Yorker, August 30, 2010, p. 56
- Time magazine - September 13, 2010, "What's So Funny?" and "Happiness Issue", 2005
- Forbes.com, August 2010, "Laughing Away Stress"
For more video on Laughter Yoga in the news, check out the Video page.